A City Thrice Damned
The characters for A City Thrice Damned should be neonates, most of whom belong to a band of the peregrine collegia led by the laissez-faire and infrequent Tribune Caius Julius Cunctator. Why is up to you.
All characters must be part of the Camarilla, but not all characters must belong to the Wing of Strangers (aka, the Peregrine Collegia). In simple terms, every Camarilla vampire belongs to a ‘Wing,’ which designates the function they perform for the dead society:
- Senex: The Senate of the Undead. Membership in the Wing of Ancients is surprisingly similar to our government in Washington, DC. Either you’re among the native elite and knew someone who got you in the door as a grunt clerk and worked your way to a position of prominence, or you were elected by a coalition of constituents.
- Legio Mortuum: The Legions of the Dead. Police, Soldiers, Generals and occasionally Judges and Executioners. The Legio Mortuum is the military of the Camarilla – where there’s no room for insubordination.
- Cult of Augurs: The cult of augurs are the pagan priests of old, from true believers to shysters. Their lot is one of ritual and haruspex.
- The Peregrine Collegia: If you don’t fit into any of the above, you’re one of the Lower Wing. The plebes of the night are organized into bands, who are led by a Tribune (whose function is more like the census). Every band is different; and where some are the criminal elite others are barely better than slaves, forever tunneling into the depths of the earth. Either way, everyone finds they have a talent to lend the Camarilla.
- The Lancea et Sanctum: Considered members of the Peregrine Collegia, these vampires are Christian vampires, pushing either to be their own wing, or to cripple the Camarilla as a whole. They are the ‘lowest’ class citizen, some closet and others not-so-closet zealots of a religion that is on-again, off-again illegal.
Characters who aren’t members of the Peregrine Collegia should keep in mind that they need to develop a reason to get involved in the story – and to continue working with other players.
While all Wings are open, players unfamiliar with the Vampire: The Requiem setting should avoid creating Julii characters.
Mechanically speaking, characters are made with standard rules + 15 xp.
Aspects (Section Incomplete)
Choose 1 ‘aspect’ for each of the following:
1. Your Background / What shaped you.
2. Your First Adventure
3. Whose Path Have You Crossed? (Guest starring)
4. Who else’s Path Have You Crossed? (Guest starring)